About the Client
ByTowne cinema is Ottawa's home of international and independent movies. Opened in 1947, the cinema is one of Ottawa's oldest movie theatres and the city's main venue for independent and foreign films. The 650-seat cinema is located on Rideau Street at Nelson, several blocks east of the Rideau Centre.
Bytowne Cinema had an old custom system that stopped working. Their service provider went out of business and they were stuck with a technology that they couldn’t change or update. We needed to re-create functionalities, make efficient improvements, and modernize the front-end of the website.
The Solutions Provided
We provided the following solutions:
- Web Design: designed wireframes and mockups to create a modern website
- Web Development: migrated all the old movie records and built a Drupal website
- Custom Website Features: created custom website features for their cinema management system
- Homepage slideshow banner: the next 10 showtimes are automatically shown in a revolution slider
- Dynamic calendar: people can add showtimes to their own calendars
- Movie archive: all the movies they’ve ever played is shown with a search tool
- Coming soon: movies that are coming soon are displayed on this page with a search tool
Bruce and his team at Bytowne now have a website they can manage, that is functional, modern and offers all the tools they wanted for their cinema portal (back-end website) and front-end website.