Terms of Service
First, you guarantee that all elements of text, images or other artwork you provide are either owned by your good selves, or that you have permission to use them. Then, when your final payment has cleared, copyright will be automatically assigned as follows:
- You’ll own the visual elements that we create for this project. We’ll give you source files and finished files and you should keep them somewhere safe as we’re not required to keep a copy. You own all elements of text, images and data you provided, unless someone else owns them.
- We’ll own the technology; your website will be hosted on our platform (unless you choose your own host). We reserve the right to re-use any and all technical features created by us.
- We love to show off our work and share what we’ve learned with other people, so we reserve the right, with your permission, to display and link to your project as part of our portfolio and to write about it on websites, in magazine articles and in books.
On the flipside, the information we have provided to you in this quote is for your eyes only. In return, we expect that you respect our right to compete fairly and not share the details of our approach with any of our competitors.
2. Payments & Invoicing
Accounts receivables suck. We work extremely hard for our clients and in return, we ask that our clients not make us work even harder to get paid. Before any work is completed, payment arrangements will be worked out ahead of time as follows:
Website management plan
- Renewal date: The period of service for your monthly plan starts on the date your site goes LIVE with U7. For example, if your website went live on the 23rd of the month, then the 23rd is your “monthly support renewal date”.
- First and last month: Your first payment will be for 2 months as it includes the first and last month’s period of service. This will be a individual invoice sent prior to or upon launching your website.
- Recurring invoices: After the the first payment, we will set up a monthly recurring payment from your credit card taken on the your renewal date, (ie. the 23rd of each month) due prior to the 2nd month of service. Annual invoicing is available upon request, however we do not offer discount options for doing so. Annual payments must also be completed on or prior to your annual service renewal date.
- Payment issues: If there is a problem with the payment, you’ll have 15 days to settle the payment. If full payment is not received on or before 15 days past your monthly service renewal date, then your website will be placed OFFLINE until payment is received. Once payment is completed, your website can be restored ONLINE with the flip of a switch.
- Cancellation: Support will not be provided for accounts in arrears of payment. Cancellation requires 30 days notice. Refunds are available on a prorated basis.
Website design, modifications & accompaniments
Each work item or project will be quoted in advance and a payment schedule will be arranged. Any work items or projects less than $1,000 will require payment in advance, otherwise a payment schedule will be pre-arranged along with method of payment. Failure to meet an payment agreement will result in an immediate stoppage of work until payment is made.
We offer digital marketing services on a retainer model as this is typically set up as an ongoing monthly service. We will agree with you to a monthly budget and our digital strategist will use that time wisely with you as we go. Each month of service will be prepaid at least 15 days in advance of the start date or the first of the month. If additional hours are required for a given month, we will request a prepayment for an agreed to amount of hours and only proceed once payment is made. If you don’t use up all of the hours during a given month, they will carry over and be available to you the next month. If you choose to stop or lower the service, we will comply immediately and refund any unused hours. This model is a win-win as you only pay for what you need and we are fairly compensated for our time.
3. Hours of operation
Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm EST. This includes phone calls and emails. You can call or email us anytime, but these are the hours when we will be responding. Off-hour support is available if arranged with reasonable notice, an on-call fee and an rate increase will apply.
4. Support requests and reasonable use
All support rquests should be sent through one of the following channels in this preferred order:
- The U7 client portal.
- E-mail to email@example.com
Telephone support is available only for urgent matters. All support request will get an activity created for tracking purposes. Support must be requested through the proper channel to be received and responded to in a timely fashion. Each request will be evaluated and set an estimated time by U7.
U7 provides no guarantee either express or implied on the timeframe of when a support request can or will be resolved. If you email anyone on the team directly, the response rate is not guaranteed and when we do respond, we will direct you to use the proper channel.
Support requests that fall outside of the scope of your support plan will be sent to U7 Sales for a quote.
5. Parting Ways
If, at any stage, you’re not happy with the direction our work is taking, you’ll pay us in full for everything we’ve produced until that point and cancel this contract. For our monthly service, we require 30 days notice to end the billing cycle, this may be covered by the prepaid last month of service. Upon dissolution of the contract, we can by request and for a fee of $100, provide you with a full archive of your website.