Terms of Service
First, you guarantee that all elements of text, images or other artwork you provide are either owned by your good selves, or that you have permission to use them. Then, when your final payment has cleared, copyright will be automatically assigned as follows:
- You’ll own the visual elements that we create for this project. We’ll give you source files and finished files and you should keep them somewhere safe as we’re not required to keep a copy. You own all elements of text, images and data you provided, unless someone else owns them.
- We’ll own the technology; your website will be hosted on our platform (unless you choose your own host). We reserve the right to re-use any and all technical features created by us.
- We love to show off our work and share what we’ve learned with other people, so we reserve the right, with your permission, to display and link to your project as part of our portfolio and to write about it on websites, in magazine articles and in books.
On the flip side, the information we have provided to you in this quote is for your eyes only. In return, we expect that you respect our right to compete fairly and not share the details of our approach with any of our competitors.
2. Payments & Invoicing
Accounts receivables suck. We work extremely hard for our clients and in return, we ask that you not make us work even harder to get paid. Before any work is completed, payment arrangements will be worked out ahead of time as follows:
Website maintenance plan
- Renewal date: The period of service for your monthly plan starts on the date your site goes LIVE with U7. For example, if your website went live on the 23rd of the month, then the 23rd is your “monthly renewal day”.
- First and last month: Your first payment will be for 2 months as it includes the first and last month’s period of service. This will be an individual invoice sent prior to or upon launching your website.
- Recurring invoices: After the the first payment, we will set up a monthly recurring payment from your credit card taken each month on your monthly renewal day (ie. the 23rd of each month). Annual invoicing is available upon request, however we do not offer discount options for doing so. Annual payments must also be completed on or prior to your annual service renewal date.
- Payment issues: If there is a problem with the payment, you’ll have 15 days to settle the payment. If full payment is not received on or before 15 days past your monthly service renewal date, then your website may be placed OFFLINE and and your email system may be disrupted until payment is received. Once payment is completed, your website can be restored ONLINE and your email service restored. Support will not be provided for accounts in arrears of payment.
- Cancellation: You can cancel at any time as the last month of service has already been prepaid. Refunds for prepaid services will not be provided unless two full months or more have been pre-paid, at which point we will work out a fair pro-rated refund with you. Upon dissolution of the website maintenance contract, ownership of all your assets for which we have control over will be handed over to you including, by request, a full archive of your website.
We offer web development and digital marketing services. Each request will be handled with individually. Whether for a single item, multiple items, a project, or a monthly plan, each request will be quoted in advance and a payment schedule will be arranged. Failure to meet a payment milestone will result in an stoppage of work until payment is made.
3. Payment methods accepted
The payment methods we accept depends on the following:
- For website maintenance plans: Payments of website maintenance plans are accepted by credit card in order for us to set up automated payments because these are set to a predetermined amount and recur monthly. Note that we do not charge any surcharge or convenience fee for this. If you prefer to pay annually, this must be requested ahead of time and then falls into the category below.
- For all other invoices: Payments of invoices for work completed, for corrective transactions, for recurring invoices with varying amounts, or for any other 1-time amounts, we accept Interac e-transfer or cheque. Credit card can be accepted with an additional administration surcharge of 3%.
4. Hours of operation
Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm EST. This includes phone calls and emails. You can call or email us anytime, but these are the hours when we will be responding. Off-hour support is available if arranged with reasonable notice, an on-call fee and rate increase may apply.
5. Support requests and reasonable use
All support requests should be sent through one of the following channels in this preferred order:
- The U7 client portal.
- E-mail to email@example.com
Telephone support is available only for urgent matters. All support request will get an activity created for tracking purposes. Support must be requested through the proper channel to be received and responded to in a timely fashion. Each request will be evaluated and set an estimated time by U7.
U7 provides no guarantee either express or implied on the timeframe of when a support request can or will be resolved. If you email anyone on the team directly, the response time is not guaranteed and when we do respond, we will direct you to use the proper channel.
Support requests that fall outside of the scope of your support plan will be sent to the right expert for a quote.
6. Parting Ways
If, at any stage, you’re not happy with the direction our work is taking, you’ll pay us in full for everything we’ve produced until that point and cancel the contract. See Cancellation details above for website maintenance plans.